Home stagers have to step out in faith when they decide to embrace their creative talents.
There’s no firm guarantee about what the future holds. Which is true of anything you decide to do in life, isn’t it?
Aren’t we all looking for “wow moments”?
The times that make us come alive. Sometimes they even take our breath away.
When I think back on my own home staging career, there is no way I could have anticipated the experiences I would have.
While it’s great to look ahead and set goals for your future, it’s also important to look back on where you’ve been.
That’s the only way to see your progress as a home stager.
There are so many things I love about being a home stager. The moments that make me say “Wow!”
My 10 Wow Moments as a Home Stager
I hope this selection of 10 of my own “WOW Moments as a Home Stager” will inspire you to reflect on your own and share in the comments below. Why not inspire yourself and others too?
So here are mine:
- Finding the right duvet cover that pulls all of the rest of the home’s accent colors together.
- Walking into my client’s home after the painter has finished. The old wallpaper and ugly wood paneling are no longer visible. He’s used the color palette I’ve chosen for the entire house. A complete transformation!
- Trying not to giggle while walking into a tiny condo bathroom. I’m on camera for HGTV and pretending the room is empty while the camera man and lighting guy are huddled together in the bathtub.
- Arriving to an overwhelmed client who is relaxed and looking forward to selling her home at the end of our home staging consultation. Making such an immediate difference in someone’s life is very satisfying!
- Re-rolling that final bath towel for the stack of 3 beside the jacuzzi and having it finally look like it does in the magazines.
- Getting a call from a CNN reporter on the very same afternoon that I’ve already spoken to The Wall Street Journal! It really did happen and I felt like I must have fallen into “The Twilight Zone”!
- Savoring those 15 minutes after the furniture rental truck is gone. I’ve finished making the beds and placing all the accessories. I’m walking through the house delighting in the “model home” I’ve created, simply from my own creativity and hard work.
- Answering a call from a past home staging client who says “I feel like I won the lottery thanks to you!” She tells me how they got an extra $100,000 for their home when it sold and that she’s debt free for the first time in her life.
- Spending 5 hours with a couple rearranging their home at our first appointment. After sitting on the market for 6 months before my home staging consultation, they sold within days for 98% of their original asking price. All we did was rearrange what they already had! Doesn’t that feel like magic?
- Always getting paid right away for my services, and never having to chase my money.
Home Stagers Share Your Wow Moments Too
Please add your “Wow Moments as a Home Stager” by commenting here so that we can all remember how many incredible gifts this career brings to our own lives, as well as those of our clients.
If we can get a good size list going, I’ll collect the best and put them into a free report to share with my readers, naturally you’ll get a copy too!