With real estate slowing down in many markets, more and more home sellers are turning to home stagers to help boost the value of their homes.
At the same time, the home staging industry is completely unregulated.
Home sellers don’t know how to find a home stager, what to expect.
Or how much decorating their home to sell should cost.
Most aspiring home stagers don’t know how to start their own home staging businesses.
Or how to market themselves to meet the growing demand for real estate staging services.
In addition to buying, decorating and selling 6 of my own homes in 8 years, I’ve staged hundreds of clients’ homes since 2002.
Home sellers have made anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000 profit after I decorated their homes to sell quickly and for top dollar.
I’ve also trained hundreds of women (and a few men) all over the US, Canada, Australia and 20 other countries, in how to start and grow their own successful home staging businesses.
My appearances and interviews in major media like: CNNMoney, The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Woman’s Day, Globe & Mail, Financial Post, MoneySense, Style at Home, House & Home, Home & Decor, HGTV, GlobalTV and CityTV generate hundreds of home staging project leads for Graduates of the Staging Diva Home Staging Business Training Program.
I’ve created The Business of Home Staging blog to:
- Increase awareness of how home stagers make a living
- Enhance understanding of what it takes to start and grow a home staging business
- Teach stagers how they can meet their clients’ needs without selling their soul
- Show how it’s possible to have a creatively satisfying and profitable business.
It takes a lot of time, energy and courage to be an entrepreneur, I know because I’ve been one since 1989.
Through this blog, I want to provide inspiration, helpful information and celebrate the successes of others on this road of operating a home staging and redesign business.
The Business of Home Staging is a blog about:
- How the real estate staging business works
- How to provide staging services
- How to deal with homeowners and real estate agents with integrity
- Keeping the right mindset and conquering your fears
- Proof that home staging works
- Business tips and training to grow a successful home staging business
- Marketing your home staging services
- Celebrating the success of home stagers
- Home staging jobs, color consulting jobs, redesign jobs and even people looking for guest speakers