There are lots of simple things a homeowner can do on their own to decorate their house to sell. For example:
- getting rid of clutter
- putting out fresh flowers
So why hire a home stager?
Many homeowners don’t know what colors to paint, they can’t be objective about their own homes, many haven’t a clue where to put things, and they’re completely overwhelmed. They often lack current knowledge about what homes in their price range should look like.
A professional home stager will look at a home through the eyes of a highly critical buyer. They:
- know what’s needed to create the right environment quickly and at the lowest cost
- know what homes in different price ranges look like and what’s selling
- will tell homeowners things their real estate agent may be afraid to because they don’t want to lose the listing
- are not emotionally attached to any of the home’s contents
- see things that someone who has been living there for years simply can’t
- recommend the optimal way to re-arrange existing furniture, art and accessories
- can quickly choose new paint colors, flooring, tiles, counter tops or any number of finishes that they know will work in the home
- source painters, cleaners, handymen, off-site storage and any of the other myriad of services that may be needed on short notice
- bring in replacement furniture, accessories and art if what is there isn’t appropriate to the home’s target market or the home is empty
Home staging is not just for multi-million dollar homes, it can have a dramatic effect on the selling price, and time to sell, of even a modest home.
For example, one home I did had been on the market for months with a best offer of $350,000. I spent 90 minutes with the owner telling him where to move furniture around, what to put in storage (and where), what to clean. He sold the following week for $361,000! How many other legal ways can you think of to invest $600 and get $11,000 back the next week?
Home Staging expert Debra Gould is the author of “Staging Diva Ultimate Color Guide: the easy way to pick colors for home staging projects” and “Staging Diva Ultimate Guide: Creating The Perfect Portfolio to Sell Your Home Staging Services.”
Discover the ONLY Home Staging Business Training Program taught by a seasoned entrepreneur who has successfully grown her own home staging business (not as a side-line to selling real estate) — The Staging Diva Training Program.
An entrepreneur since 1989 and with an MBA in marketing and hundreds of home staging clients, internationally recognized home staging expert Debra Gould, The Staging Diva, is uniquely qualified to train others how to start and grow a profitable home staging business.
[tags]home staging, home stagers, real estate staging, real estate staging business, home staging training, home staging business, staging diva, Debra Gould[/tags]