It’s coming up on my 17th anniversary of starting my first home-based business. Working from a home office wasn’t as widely accepted back in 1989 so I really felt like I was swimming against the tide. Especially since I had come from a corporate career.
I had a lucrative job at the time but hated the office politics and feeling dependent on the company I worked for. I wanted to feel more in control of my future and have the flexibility to take on projects that I was interested in. I’ve never regretted the life of an entrepreneur.
Here are my top 10 reasons Home Staging (or House Fluffing, Real Estate Staging) is a great home-based business:
- Home Staging is a low cost business to start.
- It doesn’t require official credentials because there are none for this industry (despite what some organizations claim for their own marketing reasons).
- There is no need to invest in inventory or recruit others into the business. This is not a multi-level marketing scheme.
- The financial rewards are there if you work hard to build your home staging business.
- You can still have time for your family or other demands while running this business.
- Since you visit clients in their homes, you don’t need to worry about what your own home looks like or where you live.
- You’ll have daily opportunities to be creative, meet interesting people and make a real difference in their lives by helping them make a significant profit on your services.
- You’ll enjoy variety and a sense of adventure.
- You can control how fast you want to grow your home staging business.
- You decide who you want to work with and what kind of projects you want to take on.
Take my FREE quiz and find out whether home staging might be the right business for you! When you order the FREE Quiz, I’ll also throw in:
- A FREE subscription to Staging Diva Dispatch, my monthly newsletter filled with success stories of new home stagers and tips and tools you can use right now to build your own home staging business
- My list of the most inspiring books I’ve ever read that helped me reinvent my life. I give you my mini reviews of each one.
- An invitation to listen to a FREE one hour preview session with me
- The chance to win a FREE 20 minute coaching session with me
Discover the ONLY Home Staging Business Training Program taught by a seasoned entrepreneur who has successfully grown her own home staging business (not as a side-line to selling real estate) — The Staging Diva Training Program. With an MBA and hundreds of home staging clients, internationally recognized home staging expert Debra Gould, The Staging Diva, is uniquely qualified to train others how to start and grow a profitable home staging business.